Saturday, July 20, 2013

In Savannah today . . .

Hey everyone, just a quick check-in: My drive to Atlanta took me through Denver where I ate at Snooze, my favorite breakfast place. Then I went over Kansas to Salina, then down through Oklahoma City, Dallas, and over to New Orleans. While I was there I ate some amazing food including beignets at Cafe Du Monde and eggs benedict with fried oysters on top that was awesome! After New Orleans I arrived in Atlanta and have been staying with my friend Anne. Many of you saw the pic of my birthday cake on facebook. In Atlanta I've been driving around and exploring the city - it's very green and humid and beautiful. We've been to Coke World and the Ebenezer Church where MLK used to preach. This weekend we're in Savannah, and today we're going out to Tybee Island a resort/beach island - woo hoo!

That's about it, but as a side note: I did have to have a tooth pulled on Tuesday of  this past week. In church I asked if there was a good LDS dentist in the area and was referred to the stake patriarch who practices close to Anne's place. Anyway, the tooth that has been bothering me for months was cracked completely in half. The dentist said he had no idea how it hadn't been killing me with pain for months. Well it's gone now, and I celebrated growing older by losing a tooth . . . good times.

Anyway, love you all, and headed to Bogota in a week! Super exciting!

4 comments:

Kim and Joe said...

Shane thank you for the update!!! It is fun to hear about your journey. Keep them coming especailly when you gat to Bogota. Sorry about the tooth but at least the pain is gone right!! Love you and we can't wait to hear about more of your adventures. And a Late Happy Birthday (although we did do an early one).

Tamara said...

Three cheers for yummy food, right? Sounds like you are having fun. Keep the updates coming!

Kati Atwood said...

Good to hear from you, Shane! Sounds like you are having a good time . . . Who needs teeth, anyway?

jolyn said...

sounds great, keep posting so we can travel with you. love you lots, mom