Thursday, August 13, 2009

Brock's First Stitches

So, we were over having dinner at a friends house with the missionaries tonight and then I had to go to my geneology class. About 30 min. into my class, Ann Syphus shows up with blood on her sweater and hands. She at least had a smile so I knew it wasn't life threatening. I guess Brock fell off her chair and hit his head on her granite fireplace. So I left my class and we all four went to an instacare.He had cut it clear down to the skull. It was actually interesting to see the doctor move the cut around and see about four inches of the bone underneath. The girls took this in stride but one of us, I wont name names, had to look away. So there were four stitches underneath and eight on top. It was a nasty gash so I guess we were okay taking him in. I was just thinking yesterday that it was supprising he hadn't had any bumps or cuts we've had to worry about. We'll post a picture, since I know you're all dying to see, tomorrow. Unfortunatly, we didn't get one before the stitches.
Everyone else is doing great. Kirk is excited about starting school next week. The summer has flown by! Love to all.

1 comment:

Hudson Family said...

Sad for poor Brock. That doens't sound fun. One of my cousins on my dad's side had to have "stiches" on her head but the doctor just held the cut together and super glued it. Weird huh? I have to say it was very weird and gross looking.