Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Mom was right - who knew?

So - some of us were gathered at Mom & Dad's on Monday night (by the way I never said Happy Birthday Kati, so Happy Birthday!!), and we were discussing addiction and self esteem.

Anyway, I was too forceful in my sudden opinion when I told Mom that I didn't agree with her assertion that addictions come from low self esteem. After thinking about it I totally agree with her.

I would also say that if "self esteem" is a person's perception of their eternal worth and identity, then all sin must come from a person's lack of self esteem. If we could sense our eternal worth, I don't think we would ever sin.

So I hereby publicly apologize for my disagreement and acknowlege Mom's wisdom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to grovel, but I have my own opinion on not sinnning-for another day.

Anonymous said...

I agree with mom also. Sometimes other things seem to cover the real problem. And I love Shane. I thought that last night when I saw him and just thought I'd tell him so. Smack.