Sunday, October 21, 2012

Okay, so I've been doing polls forever, but I wanted to do a more open-ended poll. What is the greatest (secular-ish) song of all time? You need to post your proposed song through either comment on this post or another post, and in about a week we'll put all of the songs up on the blog, people can listen to them all and then vote in an official poll. However--we will give a few parameters. It should be a song that you could listen to at any time, in any mood, with pretty much any body. It should also be not labelled EXPLICIT if you were to buy it on iTunes. I go first. "Days Like This" by Van Morrison. Kati votes for "Waka Waka" by Shakira (theme for the last world cup.

9 comments:

weston said...

there is no question on this one, piano man by billy joel is the only song that not only does everybody know it, but i challenge anyone to find anyone who does not like that song. it may not be a favorite of somebody, but ive never met anyone who dislikes it. boom, weston wins. ive thought about this before by the way...

Joe Buck said...

I can't stand that song--but that is only me. we'll see when everyone listens to them all and it is put up to a vote.

kim said...

i have one in my head of course I have no idea who sings it or what the name is. So I will have to do some research on google and see if I can figure it out. not too simple not knowing anything about it.

Remington said...

Since we are going with Van Morrison, Brown eyed Girl I think fits Weston's parameters and who doesn't like that. Plus, it has lasted like 50 years now

Kati Atwood said...

Weston did not set the parameters for this poll. If he wants to do another later, than so be it--but he will not commandeer this poll.

weston said...

This poll is under my power...

Kristen said...

Hmmm this was very difficult. But I'm going to go with Hotel California by the Eagles. C'mon. Who doesn't love THAT song.

Shane said...

Hmmm, soooooo many!!
I'd say The Promise by When in Rome :-)

Jeff said...

My first choice was Hotel California, then Sweet Home Alabama, but since those are both gone, how about Stayin' Alive by the Bee Gees? Who doesn't see Dudley Moore dancing to that in their mind?