Monday, April 7, 2008

This is a fabulous talk . . .

This talk was emailed to me - and it is just fabulous. President Monson's daughter Ann Dibb gave this talk in February of this year at BYU-Idaho. She was just sustained this conference as the 2nd counselor in the YW General Presidency. It is titled "My Father is a Prophet". President Monson has always been a favorite of mine - and since he is quite different from President Hinckley it was a little hard to imagine how it would be with him as our prophet. I remember the regional conference we attended a couple of years ago that he spoke. Instead of the usual written conference address that I was used to hearing - it was light and spontaneous almost. I really felt like he was a man of God, and I had a different idea of who he was. It was fun to see a little of that during his last address at the close of General Conference. I am excited to learn more about our new prophet. This would be a FABULOUS family home evening.

No comments: