Wednesday, October 21, 2009

the way missionary work should be

in my area right now i have the first truly correct vision of the way member missionary work should go. we have a ward mission leader who does everything he can to get the bishop and ward involved, with bi weekly preach my gospel emails to the entire ward and regular missionary activities. then we have two ward missionaries who join us at every appointment. they also home teach all the partmembers in the area, in order to gently push them towards the waters of baptism. one of the ward missionaries actually set a part member husband for baptism before we as missionaries had ever taught him. it's amazing what can be accomplished when members do everything they can to fulfill their calling. as a result, i'll have four batisms in this area, none of which have come from my own efforts. so we're free to look for people while the ward baptises their own. for all you who have served missions i'm sure you know what the difference is between ward that care and wards that don't. hopefully we can all be better missionary members, including me when i'm done with my mission.
p.s. theres really no reason for it, but if anyone feels that they love me so much they need to send me twenty dollars or so,i wouldn't be averse to the idea. have a nice day everyone.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I just registered for you shane. You can for sure have them if I get them

Kirk and Christy said...

very nice email wetson! Its nice to hear whats going on with the work. Johnsons love you!