Sunday, October 25, 2009

yea for sick kids!

So, I haven't posted for a while but nothing has really happened at our house. It seems much more boring looking back than actually living through it. Brock just turned two last week and I still can't understand anything he says. And I can actually get about four of them. None of them being mommy or daddy. Just 'no' 'hi' 'please' 'ya'(whitch also sounds like no so its a little harder.). And that's about it. Not what I expected after Porters full sentences. Porter is just the same mild mannered kid. Everyone at church says my kids don't do anything but mind. I'm glad thats the impression we give. They have both been sick. They were throwing up two nights ago and brock seemed to done but Porter was sick for the whole day. They both seem to be doing better now. I'm glad it wasn't a drawn out thing because of Carter and just because who wants to be sick? But they were both happy the whole time; okay, for the most part. Porter was a little whiney.
Kirk has started his Masters (for those who don't know) so he is busy most of the time. It's not as bad as I thought but I like to think it's because of my great attitude! He loves serving in the bishopric so that helps fill his time also.
We just returned from a trip to the river that was very fun. It was not to exciting to go from 90 degree wheather back to the 60's though. I'd almost move just for the wheather. But then you miss out on Christmas snow.
I'm just taking care of the kids and trying to be more social. Which means I might talk to someone in the week. Good thing mom's house is close by. I did make a car seat cover (thanks to Kati's help) and then decided that I was a whiz with a sewing machine so I decided to make halloween costumes. Lets just say its taking al ittle longer than expected. I seem to go down to mom's and just talk the whole time.
Well, I took up a ton of room saying nothing which is nice because it makes for a long post. The Johnsons are excited for the Holiday season and being able to see everyone.
P.S. Still send in recipes to me!! I need some from Ton and Shane (at least the lemon strwberry dessert). Thanks to everyone else and feel free to keep sending them!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

So sorry about the sick kids Christy. How come yours are already over it and mine are still punk???? Just kidding, they are getting better...just in time for me to get the flu. Hooray.