Monday, February 6, 2012

The Last Days

This is the most definitive (official-not speculative) statement about the timing of the 2nd Coming that I could find.

Hugh B. Brown - October 1967 Conference (including a couple preceding paragraphs to get the context):

I hope that no man under the sound of our voices here tonight will allow himself to be tempted to do anything that would cause him to blush if it were known by those he loves the most.

I hope that every young man under the sound of my voice will resolve tonight, "I am going to keep myself clean. I am going to serve the Lord. I am going to prepare every way I can for future service, because I want to be prepared when the final battle shall come."

And some of you young men are going to engage in that battle. Some of you are going to engage in the final testing time, which is coming and which is closer to us than we know.


I would say that is pretty clear and that was 55 years ago, meaning those people are now 55 at a minimum and 67 in all likelihood. How much longer do we have left?

2 comments:

Shane said...

unfortunately "engaging" in the "final testing time" is already going on, it doesn't mean that they'll be alive when it really gets nasty or when Christ comes again. Wish they'd give better clues!
hahaha!

Kim and Joe said...

and they could be engaging from the other side. Sorry Jeff I am going to have to say like Shane still not clear enough to bet on. Not you can bet on me being around 46. That is my plan.