Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Yes--I'm going there

I read Rush Limbaugh's comments about the Pope's Exhortation, so of course, due to my profession, I had to read the Pope's words directly. Limbaugh said he was Marxist, etc... I will say that the exhortation was awesome--this pope is a really well-intentioned man with a lot to teach us all. It was really cool to read. It was a bit anti-capitalist (in the sense of attacking the economic direction the world is going and its constant rejection of our responsibility to care for the poor and mend income gaps), but I found it quite anti-Marxist as well (in that it begs politicians to get back to God in their plans, and other points). If you have a spare hour or two, it is an awesome read with some killer quotes. If I didn't tell you it was the Pope, you'd swear it was coming from Uchtdorf. There--I just exposed my outrageousness to the world. I read things by the Popes. (By the way--Benedict XVI's book on his personal testimony of Christ was flippin' amazing.)

2 comments:

Kim and Joe said...

I read Pope Joan if that counts.

Shane said...

You need to provide a link to it :-)