Tuesday, November 6, 2012

I'd Say We're There - And Tonight Proves It

As I numbly watch the television, I think about this:

Mosiah 29:27 
And if the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then is the time that the judgments of God will come upon you; yea, then is the time he will visit you with great destruction even as he has hitherto visited this land.

How can any sane person vote for a president that has done nothing of value in 4 years, makes personal attacks his re-election calling card, covers up information from Americans, and only really has time for David Letterman?  Then add in that Americans vote against an economically minded candidate while still in a recession that is just hanging on by a thread from becoming a depression.  And they vote against the candidate because he was "too successful" in his business?  To me, this says a lot about the state of our nation (and this post will probably put me on the crazy conservative watch list - so I'll probably get audited this year).

8 comments:

Jeff said...

And I didn't even vote for Romney, I voted for some Virgil Goode character.

Kim and Joe said...

Amen !! Looks like you beat me by one second

weston said...

totally ridiculous, bring on the end times!

Jeff said...

And if a republican can not win under the current circumstances, it brings up real doubt as to whether a republican can win an election anymore.

Remington said...

Funny you should mention that. I read a news story stating that the time for Republicans has passed and Democrats are winning from here on out.

jolyn said...

I am exactly like you, Jeff. For the first time in history I am more than disappointed. From measures passed all across the nation, I am fearful of what we have become. The same scripture came to mind and I know we have crossed the line as stated in the Book of Mormon. I only pray that God will forgive us individually, because collectively, we are about to pay with His wrath.

Tamara said...

On the bright side, pot is legal over in Colorado now, so we can head over there and share a joint to calm our nerves. Eh? EH?

(for my children who will read this after I am gone, I do not condone drug use)

Kim and Joe said...

Well I just saw an article about needing to form a third party that is not Republican or Democrat. That sounds interesting. Isn't that supposed to happen?