Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Time for the family to edit my work...

im currently writing letters of intent to the graduate schools that i am applying to, and since our family is experienced in this, and other areas, im going to have you all edit the two paragraphs that i am sending to all the colleges, the 2nd paragraph is why i picked whatever particular college i am sending it to, so i'll just write those solo. anyway, everybody who has meaningful input needs to tell me if anything is wrong or could be better otherwise. here are the two paragraphs: To Whom it may concern, My name is Weston Atwood, and I am currently a senior at Brigham Young University, majoring in Communication Disorders. I learned about a career in Speech Language Pathology through my sister in-law, who graduated from BYU in the program. As I started taking classes in the major, it amazed me how I grew to love the subject. I have come to realize the immense struggles people can have with speech and language, and how fulfilling it is to help those people. The happiness that our assistance can bring to people is what drives my passion in this field. (2nd paragraph) When I originally decided to go into Speech Language Pathology, my goal was to work in schools with children. As I have continued on in the major however, I have found that the medical side of Speech Language Pathology interests me greatly. When I graduate and start working, my goal is to work with disabilities that are psychogenic in nature, which is why I minored in psychology. Due to the wide scope of psychogenic disorders however, I want to have the most well rounded education I can; being trained in all areas of the field. (Sincerely, Weston Atwood)

6 comments:

weston said...

my professor said to make them shortish so that they actually get read, but i need to have them be good as well...

jolyn said...

It looks good to me, but I don't know what they are looking for. let us know how else we can help

jolyn said...

check with Joyce adams. She's great on resumes and stuff like this.

Kim and Joe said...

I'm just wondering if it reallly is a passion? Actually it sounds good to me. Shane will be great to look at it and give good imput. He is great in English. Joe Buck as well

weston said...

well as much of a passion as i am capable of having...

Kati Atwood said...

I am chuckling at the passion comment. And Weston's reply.