Thursday, October 4, 2007

She's still alive! (barely)


Well, here is my brave little wife right after surgery. There were some issues during the operation. It had partially ruptured, so some fluid had leaked out. Also, Kristen is one of those rare people without an enzyme that eats a paralytic drug. What was supposed to knock her out for five minutes (to get a breathing tube down) lasted over an hour. She also was weak and could not breath because of it. They put her on a respirator and stuff to help her out. Over time strength came back. She should be fine in a while.
Sorry no picture of Kristen with her breathing tubes, just the picture of her operation.

6 comments:

Val Atwood said...

We are so happy that things seem to be ok. Kristen, You take care of yourself. We all love you sooooo much and or praying for you. Jeff, PLEASE take good care of our daughter and wife. Thank You. Anything we can do to help let us know imed. Love You Val

Shane said...

Hey Kristen,

Good to see you smiling! Get well soon! Love ya!!

Kati Atwood said...

Umm, I've been gone all day, so I just found out. I'm so glad everything went well - or at least everything is okay now. I had my appendix out, and I would not wish that on anyone.

Take care of yourselves, guys!

Joe Buck said...

So, I guess you're not coming this weekend...

Kirk and Christy said...

I'm glad everything went well. You're looking smashing Kristen. I too was sad about you not coming for the weekend but I guess I'll get over it. Take care of yourself and the Johnsons love you!

Kirk and Christy said...

I'm glad everything went well. You're looking smashing Kristen. I too was sad about you not coming for the weekend but I guess I'll get over it. Take care of yourself and the Johnsons love you!