Friday, October 17, 2008

Re: Urgent Help Needed

Would love to help you--but I am busy with my own concernes. For example:

I am going to play the top defense in the country, which is also the fastest defense I will coach against all year. I think that the screen play is ridiculous, as it is designed to slow down opposing team's defenses--why would I do that? In addition, I am looking for a great running scheme. I have a 245 lb. running back, but I think that quick-hitting dives and traps are stupid, so refuse to do them. Instead, I think that I'll use a zone-rush blocking scheme, which takes about 1.5-2 seconds longer to develop and relies on defenders being slower than the offense.
Lastly, to attack the speed of the defensive backs, I need to think of something. I know the traditional technique involves flodding zones, and making the defender choose between two receivers, but that is foolish. I think I'll continue to run just one receiver in each zone so they can be bracketed by the safteies, thus forcing my quarterback to throw into double coverage.

No comments: