Sunday, August 12, 2007

Back to Iraq


Hey everyone, Joe Stoney here. Val thanks for the picture, the granite looks beautiful. I hope to see more. Yes it is true, I am catching a commercial plane tomorrow morning and heading back to Iraq. My first stop is Dallas, then maybe Scotland, and then Kuwait. Once I get to Kuwait, the movement up to Baghdad becomes more dangerous and I am then over hostile territory. I'll take an Air Force plane from Kuwait to Baghdad International Airport, and then catch helicopter ride to my home base, Camp Taji. It is northwest of Baghdad. It won't be long before I'm flying missions again. Maybe I'll be able to post a few pictures on this blog for you. My best guess is I will be gone for just a little longer than four months. January is when I think I'll get to come home. It would be great if I could be here for the holidays. Maybe with a lot of prayer it will be possible. It's been great to be home with Kim and Bryar. They are the most beautiful girls in my life. It's been wonderful to get to know Bryar. She is an Angel. I have gotten to see a few "firsts" since I've been here. Like her first unaccompanied real steps, her loud and boisterous yelling of DA DA about fifty times (usually at 7 in the morning), and the ultimate, she put her head on my shoulder and fell asleep without any blanket over her head or being forced. A feat that Kim has yet to obtain. Kim will post some pics of the finished bedroom later. That was a lot of fun to do together. Kim is amazing with power tools, thanks to her Father and brothers. She even hung the sheetrock all by her self. She was able to use every last scrap we had to fill it all in so we didn't have to go to the store to get another sheet. She probably learned that from her Mom. Thank you all for your continued support and prayers.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Good luck in Iraq Joe. Kristen and I will be praying for you, as we always do. Let us know what you are up to, as your letters Kim sends us are interesting. Take care.

Joe Buck said...

keep in touch--you're one of the main reasons we have this blog--so that we can keep up with your family wherever you are